Saturday, 14 May 2011
CREATE! Art for Autism 11-25 yr olds. Closing Date 10th June 2011
It’s easy. Just create a piece of art and share it with us. There are 3 categories you can enter, so whatever type of art you like to do, there’s a way you can enter.
Because this competition is about celebrating the creativity of young people with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder or Asperger's Sydrome, *all* entries will receive a 'Certificate of Creativity'!
Want to enter?
1. Create your own original piece of art in one of the following three categories:
• 2D - e.g., painting; printmaking; drawing; illustration; textiles; collage.
• 3D - e.g., ceramics; sculpture; textiles; metalwork; glass; found materials.
• Digital media – e.g., film; animation; digital photography; digitally generated graphics.
2. Complete an entry form and, before the closing date of 10th June 2011, either:
a) Submit the entry form online together with a digital photograph of your piece of art if you are entering in the 2D or 3D category OR
b) Submit the entry form by post together with a DVD of your piece of art if you are entering the Digital Media category.
Finalists (and 4 guests) will be invited to a Celebration Lunch and Awards Ceremony in Cardiff on 24th July, 2011, when the winners will be announced.
Learn more about how to enter.
Thanking Colin Howarth of Beechwood College for informing us of this competition, watch this space we have more interesting information to share with you about the college. For now to find out more about Beechwood College and their work their outstanding work visit
Wales' first and only Specialist Residential College of Further Education dedicated to students over the age of 16 years with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome.